Despite being trapped in a house that isn’t her own, Charlie still finds a way to manage to bake some zucchini muffins in Ice Cold Murder.
As my mother-in-law has a super yummy Chocolate Zucchini Cake, I thought I’d share that in leu of zucchini muffins. (Because let’s be honest, chocolate cake ALWAYS trumps muffins.)
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
1/2 cup of margarine or butter
1/2 cup of oil (canola is a good choice)
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp cream
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts chopped
- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- Mix flour ingredients together
- Combine both.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased pan.
- Mix nuts and 1 tbsp of sugar, sprinkle onto cake.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
If you prefer topping the cake with frosting instead of nut mixture, combine:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Then add powder sugar to spreading consistency.
Enjoy!Nothing goes better with a cozy mystery that Chocolate Zucchini Cake. My mother-in-law makes a delicious one -- recipe here. Click To Tweet